The paper and packaging industry has struggled in recent years due to bankruptcies, reduced demand, and depressed market prices. However, a recovering economy and improvement in the industry have recently increased shipments resulting in positive gross margins for those companies that were able to appropriately manage their inventory levels.
TouchPath recognizes that inventory data is mission critical and must be collected quickly, reliably, and accurately. TouchInventory is a configurable inventory management system that tracks all forms of inventory, from raw materials to WIP to finished goods to shipments. TouchInventory is designed to:
- Reduce inventory errors
- Promote inventory accuracy
- Reduce high inventory carrying costs
- Give greater visibility through the entire order fulfillment cycle
- Eliminate paperwork
- Improve shipping performance
These benefits can be accomplished by empowering plant floor workers to transact with back office systems in a secure, easy to use system that enables:
- Barcode labeling and/or RFID tagging of incoming materials to streamline downstream material handling and manufacturing processes.
- Real-time production reporting and component material consumption giving an up-to-the-minute picture of raw material needs, WIP component availability and finished goods available for shipment.
- The ability to prioritize shipments, consolidate LTL shipments, assign order picking and loading tasks to shipping personnel and to view the status of work assignments in real-time.
- Ability to generate customer or re-supply orders on the fly for “as-loaded” outbound trailers expediting the fulfillment of critical customer needs even on back shifts when customer service representatives may be unavailable.
With our knowledge of manufacturing and distribution processes and their mission-critical nature, we’ve developed a complete, scalable, data collection application that marries the flow of two of your most critical items, material and data.
Learn more about our inventory software by completing the “Ready to Get Started?” form today!