It is important to develop a detailed project plan design in the early stages to ensure expectations are clearly defined. A Site Evaluation is a process that TouchPath uses to understand a customer’s current processes and project goals. Collecting information pertinent to your specific requirements and determining the most effective method to achieve those goals are part of the evaluation process. These are some of the steps we take to create your project plan:
- Meet with your management/project team to begin designing the project plan
- Walk your facility to understand your current processes and procedures
- Discuss management’s expectations and TouchPath’s recommendations for each business process/area affected
- Uncover any additional areas where automating manual processes would increase your productivity
- Identify electrical, network, and Wi-Fi connectivity requirements
- Determine the method(s) of data collection and corresponding RF hardware devices
- Discuss Go-Live expectations, timelines, and milestones
- Answer any remaining questions
Detail Design Specification
Upon completion of the Site Evaluation, the TouchPath consulting and R&D teams review the findings and construct a project plan. This document (Detail Design Specification) lists each business process involved and the exact steps TouchPath will use to automate and integrate that process into your environment. The Detail Design Specification document (DDS) includes all phases of the project to completion, which includes business process modifications (if required), user testing, systems stress testing, “train the trainer” education/training, user guides, configuration of RF devices, go-live, and post-go-live support The DDS will be presented to the company’s management team for final approval prior to beginning implementation.
- Your management team reviews and confirms the project plan outlined in the DDS document. Questions and/or any changes should be discussed and finalized
- Identify milestones. A milestone is a quantified measurement that has been achieved by TouchPath during the implementation.
- DDS revisions will be made if required and a final document will be submitted for your approval.
This preparatory process and methodology ensures a successful implementation for your environment(s). Learn more by completing the “Ready to get started?” form today!